The Ransom Multi Cal. Steady Rest
The Ransom Multi Cal Steady Rest For Hand Guns and Rifles
We wanted to design a useful, adaptable, purposeful, steady gun rest. A stable but light-weight, robust yet portable steady rest. Simple. Adjustable. Something that can be used, abused and reused. Built for a lifetime of use. Something that can be used by shooters of all skill levels – from beginner to expert.
Many inexpensive rests are available in the marketplace now and we wanted to offer you an option of an all-American, fully machined steady rest for rifles and pistols.
$170.00 – $210.00
THE MULTI CAL. STEADY REST
SOLID AMERICAN MADE AEROSPACE GRADE
BILLET ALUMINUM 6061
SOLID AMERICAN MADE AEROSPACE GRADE BILLET ALUMINUM 6061
The Ransom Multi Cal. Steady Rest in manufactured from good American made Aerospace grade 6061 Aluminum. The Aerospace Material is brought in house and fully CNC machined. We decided on solid Aerospace cert’ed bar stock to be used not only for its weight but its life long use. The resultant machine is a combination of carefully chosen design features and materials. Designed to Last a life time as well as no other purchase would ever be required. If you ever need a a different color or wanted a new leather pad or leather strip, Machine was designed so you can DIY it ( do it yourself) if wanted to. You can customize it to your liking.
Now Of course we sale it in various colors as well as options upgrades, but it was designed so once you buy one. It is all you will need for your arsenal. We believe it is like no other rest because it is the only one to identify and solve the defined problems. Heavy but small portable yet robust as well as adaptable and DIY capable for your needs and steady rest purpose.
WIDE RANGE OF FIREARMS, USES AND OPTIONS
Light, yet solid base for supporting a wide range of firearms. Adjustable elevation V-Block to fit a wide range of sizes, styles and firearm uses.
The V-Block is machined to allow a wide range of barrels, stocks and pistol frames to be supported while being cushioned by the leather to prevent harmonic vibrations and damage to firearm. Base is also drilled and taped to accept a Bi-pod so you can stand and shoot. The V block removes to mount to a Mono pod or walking stick for hiking or hunting .
The Multi Cal Steady Rest is just like all our Ransom Products it is fully backed by Ransom International. For parts or service please contact Ransom International directly we offer many services and replacement parts if ever needed, also upgrades are available. For any ideas or improvements just contact us. Designed to last a life time but also fully supported. Just because it may come in inexpensive does not mean it should break. Neither should it mean no support. This is designed to be robust as well as to be fully supported. Stranger things have happened. If machine ever gets shot, Ran over or falls off a truck. If for some reason it did get damaged parts and replacements are available. Some rests you will have to replace. This one you can fix.
ACCOMODATES BOTH SHORT AND LONG
ACCOMODATES BOTH SHORT AND LONG BARRELLED HANDGUNS
V block can be mounted towards rear ( standard ) for semi autos or towards the front (opposite) for revolvers.
Features and Use
- Works on Bench or Other Flat Surface
- Works prone
- Works on tri-pod
- Clamp to table or truck bed
- Used for training
- Used to practice
- Rear pad can mount wide or long.
- V block can be mounted or rotated to either side for Semi auto or Revolvers.
STORING THE STEADY REST
You can store your Multi Cal Steady Rest in a standard military issue .50 cal. Ammo box. To place the rest into this ammo box, place rear of the rest into the box, with front tilted up. Ensure rear is against rear wall, then tilt front down into box. To make it very secure, adjust V-Block up so light contact is made with lid when lid is fully locked down. Towels or cardboard can be used to shim steady rest and protect from scratching.
MOUNTING STEADY REST ON TRIPOD OR MONOPOD
There are 3 options for mounting the Steady Rest to a tripod or monopod.
- Base – The base is threaded the common 1/4” -20 on the underside to allow mounting a standard quick connect to a tripod. This is best for pistol use to allow support of the shooter’s hand.
- Upright – The upright is threaded with the common 1/4” -20 on the underside to allow mounting a standard quick connect to a tripod. It can also be mounted to a monopod or threaded walking stick. Mounting this way will still allow fine elevation adjustments using the V-Block.
- V-Block – The V-Block is threaded with the common 1/4” -20 on the underside to allow mounting a standard quick connect to a tripod. It can also be mounted to a monopod or threaded walking stick. This allows only the V to be mounted so it is lighter and used for more purposes as well as hiking and hunting
- Tripod – recommendations are fluid head tripods that have a pan and tilt. Not a ball head tripod. You can use just about any inexpensive tripod available that has pan and tilt. The Weifeng tripod we sell is on our website is not recommended for the Multi-Caliber rest. This tripod is used for the Labradar.